August 21, 2016 by Levi Dominic
According to the Mayo Clinic, one of the world’s largest medical research groups, the causes of male infertility come under three broad categories; medical causes, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The Mayo Clinic said medical causes of infertility may come from infection or antibodies attacking the sperm. There are many other medical causes like undescended testicles and hormone imbalance.
The following are the other factors that may destroy your fertility:
- Exposure to lead or other heavy metals
- Exposure to radiation or X-rays
- Overheating the testicles through frequent use of saunas or hot tubs
- Sitting for long periods, wearing tight clothing or working on a laptop computer for long stretches of time
- Use of anabolic steroids taken to stimulate muscle strength and growth can cause the testicles to shrink and sperm production to decrease
- Use of cocaine or marijuana may temporarily reduce the number and quality of your sperm as well
- Drinking alcohol can lower testosterone levels, cause erectile dysfunction and decrease sperm production.
- Liver disease caused by excessive drinking also may lead to fertility problems.
- Tobacco smoking
- Emotional stress
- Obesity can impair fertility